Welcome

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope you will take the time to look, read, and comment. For a more extensive display of my designs, please go to my facebook page by clicking here. Hope to hear from you soon.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Custom Orders

OK, honestly, custom orders are not my fav thing. There, I said it out loud.  Let me tell you why and then why I also love them.  A conundrum, yes?  Anyway, when I have custom orders, I feel that my creative flow is blocked.   A customer wants something specific and there are usually parameters, sometimes a lot, sometimes just 'a flavor' of something.  It is what the customer wants made, not what I want to create.

How does that affect my creativity?  My mind immediately says, crap, I can't just play with beads and ideas I have in my head.  I have to make something that the customer wants, not what I want.  Is that entirely true?  No, and you know why?  Because I get to put a vision that someone loosely gave me into a design I create.  How cool is that.  With all that being said, here are a few of my customer orders I had the privilege to create.  Please let me know your thoughts, especially you creative minds!








Please also check out my facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/designsbysusan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting -- it means so much!